UPDATE 10:20 A.M.
On Facebook, TPD said, "sadly, the pedestrian involved has died as a result of his injuries sustained in the crash. All lanes of travel have been reopened. This remains an open and active investigation and updates will be provided as more information becomes available."
TPD added that the child was 13 years old and was crossing the street with his mother and siblings when the crash happened. TPD also confirmed the crash happened around 7:10 a.m. TPD said the vehicle involved stayed at the scene of the crash, and no one has been arrested.
The latest crash data we have from TPD regarding crashes involving pedestrians is from August. The latest break down can be found below:
- Total Number of Traffic Crashes Involving Pedestrians (1/1/23 – 8/23/23 8AM): 89
- Total Number of Pedestrians Killed in Traffic Crashes (1/1/23 – 8/23/23 8AM): 7
- Total Number of Traffic Crashes Involving Pedestrians (1/1/22 – 12/31/22): 148
- Total Number of Pedestrians Killed in Traffic Crashes (1/1/22 – 12/31/22): 5
- A vehicle hit a boy Wednesday morning on Blair Stone Road.
- Lanes are closed as police investigate.
- See the latest update from TPD below.
The Tallahassee Police Department is currently working a traffic crash involving a vehicle and pedestrian in the 2700 block of Blair Stone Road.
The pedestrian, a juvenile male, sustained serious injuries and has been taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Southbound lanes on Blair Stone Road at Old St. Augustine Road will remain closed as the investigation continues. Motorists are urged to avoid the area.
Updates will be provided as more information becomes available.