(WTXL) — Community members around the Florida Big Bend and South Georgia are working to get aid to Hurricane Dorian victims.
Here's a list of local relief efforts in our area:
Franklin County Sheriff's Office holding supply drive for Hurricane Dorian victims
- Local schools accepting donations for Abaco Islands relief
- Valdosta family helping send hundreds of supplies over to Bahamas
- Hurricane Relief Distribution in Jackson County (Greenwood Community Park) starts at 9 a.m Thursday. There is a limit of 2 families per vehicle with ID's. The drive-thru operation will have household supplies, cold meats, dry foods, and other nonperishable items.
- The American Red Cross chapter located in Tallahassee says you can send a check to the chapter at 1115 Easterwood Drive Tallahassee, FL. 32312. If you want to donate via credit card instead, you can call the office at 850-878-6080.
- Bahamian-Americans collecting donations at Tallahassee businesses for Dorian relief