TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Santa Claus is coming to town a little earlier than December 25, and he'll be riding in style. Old St. Nick will be cruising into eastern Leon County neighborhoods and making stops on a fire truck from the Chaires-Capitola Volunteer Fire Department.
The Fire Department will conduct four holiday parades on four different nights. Each night the parade start at 5:30 or 6 p.m. and end at about 8:30 p.m.
The following are the routes for each night:
Night 1 - Dec. 7 - CLICK HERE to see a Google Map of Route
Leaving station 12 (4701 Chaires Cross Rd) at 6 p.m.
- First stop: Capitola neighborhoods (Apple St., Eva Lane, Long Branch Lane, Gordon St.)
- Oak hill farms neighborhood (Corby Court, Corby Court E., Greenhill Trace E., Epping Forest Dr.)
- Buck Field neighborhood (Buckfield Rd)
- Ashford Glen neighborhood (Pendelton Ave., Brook Hollow Lane, Wyntree Lane, Glenbrook Dr.)
- Oakfair Farms neighborhood (Oakfair Dr., Lakefair Dr., Seafair Lane, Fairhill Lane and Coperfair Lane)
- Arvah Branch neighborhood (Arvah Branch Boulevard)
Night 2- Dec. 8 - CLICK HERE to view a Google Map of the route
Leaving station 12 (4701 Chaires Cross Rd.) at 5:30 p.m.
- First Stop: Plantation Estates neighborhood (Plantation Forest Dr., Shady Rest Lane, Foshalee Dr., Burnt Pine Lane, Pineland Dr., Mistletoe Court)
- Walden Road area (Elmwood Rd., Glenmeadow Lane, Atascadero Lane, Landover Circle, Cordova Circle, Alameda Dr., Visalia Place, Pasadena Dr., Walden Circle)
- Sedgefield neighborhood (Sedgefield Court, Lansdowne Rd., Lawndale Rd., Smoke Rise
- Pedrick Crossing neighborhood (Pedrick Crossing Rd.)
- Bucklake Estates neighborhood (Charlais St).
- Avondale area
Night 3 - Dec. 14 - CLICK HERE to view a Google Map of the route
Leaving Station 30 (Williams and Louvinia) at 6 p.m.
- First Stop: Deer Park neighborhood (Deer Park Circle, Woodvalley Rd.)
- East Wood (Goodwin Dr., Matt Wing Rd., Roger Hamlin Rd.)
- Appalachee and Chaires Cross Rd. area (Malachi Lane)
- Augustine Forest neighborhood (Calle De Santos, Caplock Rd.)
- Meadows at Woodrun neighborhood (Olde Post Rd., Southampton Dr., Windermere Rd., Glendalin Rd.,Balmoral Dr., Portsmouth Circle, Little Terry Circle)
- Lake Heritage neighborhood (Tally Anne Dr., Chandalar Lane, Chateau Lane, Lake Heritage Dr., Little River Lane)
- Frontier Estates neighborhood (Apalachee Trail, Rodeo Dr., Longhorn Dr., Raymond Tucker Rd.)
- Flintlock Loop neighborhood (Flintlock Loop)
Night 4- Dec. 15 - CLICK HERE to view a Google Map of the route
Leaving Station 30 (Williams and Louvinia) at 5:30 p.m.
- First Stop: Verdura Woods II neighborhood (Augustine Creek Trace, Swain Trace)
- Golden Pheasant neighborhood (Golden Pheasant Dr., Upland Way)
- Windwood Hills neighborhood (East Windwood Way, Weeping Willow Way)
- Hampton Creek neighborhood (Hampton Ridge Avenue,
- Hampton Woods Way, Hampton Creek Dr., Hampton Hills Circle, Hampton Oaks Place, Hampton Meadow Dr.)
- Timber Ridge neighborhood (Timber Ridge Dr., Bent Willow Dr., Read Oak Dr., Cottage Wood Trail)
- Chase Ridge neighborhood (Brafforton Dr., Paces Place, Virgil Rd.)
- Twin Lakes neighborhood (Twin Lakes Circle)
Santa will visit other roads and areas along the route as time permits, but expect to see Santa on the roads listed above at some time during the times listed. Santa will be announced by the sounding of sirens and use of loud speakers so listen to hear him coming into your neighborhood.
Children and families are encouraged to step outside to meet Santa along the route and receive a special holiday treat. Please wait until told it is safe before approaching Santa's fire truck. If you do not see your road listed please feel free to stop by the station or meet us along one of the roads listed.
The Chaires-Capitola Volunteer Fire Department reminds everyone to be safe this holiday season. Check smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms and fire extinguishers to make sure they are working properly. Make sure chimneys are clean and flues are open when making a fire.
Do not overload electrical outlets with Christmas lights. Keep live trees watered to prevent excess drying. Make sure homes are clearly identified with minimum 3-inch sized numbers.
Leon County residents interested in joining or contributing to the Chaires-Capitola Volunteer Fire Department can call 850-228-3146 orvisit www.chairescapitolavfd.com.