TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - A Tallahassee fire leaves a family homeless this weekend.
Tallahassee fire crews were dispatched a home on the 1000 block of Victory Garden Drive just after 1 a.m. on Sunday. Heavy smoke was seen coming from the attic of the building. The fire was started because of an unattended grill on the back porch. Both residents were alerted by smoke detectors and were evacuated safely. Damages are estimated at 50,000 dollars, and the American Red Cross was called in to assist the residents.