WAKULLA COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) — The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office has announced seven arrests in connection to “Operation Holiday Check,” a county-wide operation aimed at targeting sex offenders and predators in violation of their release conditions.
Operation Holiday Check was a part of the WCSO’s plan to address sex offender management and boiled down to unannounced checks by deputies to make sure they weren't in violation of the law.
Detectives from the Criminal Investigations Division, with assistance from the U.S. Marshal's Service, conducted Operation Holiday Check beginning on Nov. 20 and ending on Dec. 9.
Together, they made more than 119 unannounced visits to the homes of 103 registered sexual offenders/predators in Wakulla County.
Detectives successfully conducted all 103 address verifications and arrested seven individuals for violations, locating and arresting the final suspect on Dec. 16.
During Operation Holiday Check, detectives arrested the following people:
- Travis Antonio Riles, 41: Sexual Offender, charged with Sex Offender Violation (4 counts).
- Anthony Wayne Miller, 48: Sexual Offender, charged with Sex Offender Violation.
- Cecil James Strickland, 68: Sexual Offender, charged with Sex Offender Violation.
- Jimmy Dean Kilgore, 43: Sexual Offender, charged with Sex Offender Violations (7 counts).
- Joseph Eugene Plummer, 30: Sexual Predator, charged with Sex Offender Violation.
- John Christopher Miller, 46: Sexual Offender, charged with Sex Offender Violation.
- Matthew Davis, 34: Sexual Offender, charged with Sex Offender Violation.
By law, sexual offenders are required to register at the Sheriff’s Office twice per year and sexual predators are required to register quarterly.