VALDOSTA, Ga. (WTXL) — Valdosta City Schools will host a drive-thru kindergarten registration on Thursday, August 27 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the parking lot between the VCS Central Office and Bazemore-Hyder Stadium.
Registration is for students who will be five-years-old on or before September 1 and live in the J.L. Lomax, Pinevale, Sallas Mahone, S.L. Mason and W.G. Nunn Elementary School zones.
All newly enrolled kindergarten students will be eligible for traditional, in-person learning or the VCS virtual learning option.
Parents can fill out the registration packet prior to attending on-site during the event.
Registrants are asked to bring the following required documents to complete enrollment:
- Certified/Official birth certificate of the child
- Copy of the child’s Social Security card or signed waiver
- Shot record on GA Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231)
- Certificate of Eye, Ear, Dental, and Nutrition Examination (Form 3300) (Records may be obtained at the Health Department Monday-Friday)
- Proof of residence within the school district
A minimum of two current documents from the following list is required for all students:
- Current utility bill with parent’s name and address (MUST BE ONE FORM OF PROOF);
- Rental agreement with parent’s name, address and children living in the home; and/or
- Mortgage statement with parent’s name and address.
Valdosta City Schools asks all participants to enter from the Williams Street end of the parking lot and remain in their vehicles.
Volunteers will be on-site to assist with any questions, make copies of required documents, and traffic control.
For more information, call Valdosta City Schools at 229-333-8500.