TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Tallahassee Police are putting out the call for its next Citizen's Police Academy. The classes are geared toward the youth but parents can join too.
You'll get hands on experience in defensive tactics and criminal investigations and simply learn the inner workings of TPD.
Class attendees receive information and instruction on issues like use of force, defensive tactics, special operations, criminal investigations, crime lab and evidence gathering techniques, demonstrations by the TAC Team and K-9 Unit, and much more. You'll also get a chance to ride along with an officer.
Classes start Tuesday, September 24 and run until November. Classes are free.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Adults: 21years of age or older
• Youth: 13 years of age to 17 years of age accompanied by a Parent or Guardian who must also attend the class
• Pass a criminal history check
• Work or live in Tallahassee/Leon County
• Be able to commit to attending all classes during the 9-week class period
Class size is limited, so apply today. You can apply at www.talgov.com.