VALDOSTA, Ga. — One dog and two cats were killed after a house fire in Valdosta
On Monday, the Valdosta Fire Department responded to the report of a house fire at 1000 E. Cranford Avenue at about 10:00 a.m.
Once on scene, firefighters found smoke and flames coming out the home.
The fire, located in a bedroom was quickly extinguished by crews on scene. VFD says the cause of the fire was determined to be an overloaded power supply.
Three people were displaced as a result of the fire, but there were no reported injuries.
Firefighters were able to rescue one dog and administer oxygen on scene. Unfortunately, the dog and two cats succumbed to smoke exposure and were not successfully resuscitated.
For more information, please contact the Valdosta Fire Department at 229-333-1835.