LIVE OAK, Fla. (WTXL) — The Live Oak Police Department is alerting residents about road closures impacting traffic Tuesday, due to the large memorial service for Suwannee County Public Safety Director Chief James Sommers.
The following roads will be closed Tuesday August 13 between 1:30 and 5 p.m.
- Winderweedle Street from US 129 West to Houston Avenue.
- Houston Avenue from the intersection of Winderweedle Street South, to Duval Street.
- Brown Avenue at Winderweedle Street.
- Broome Avenue at Winderweedle Street.
Live Oak police also says they will set up barricades at the following intersections:
- Houston Ave at King Street.
- Houston Ave at 1st Street.
- Houston Ave at 2nd Street.
- Houston Ave at Duval Street.
- US 129 at Winderweedle Street.
- Winderweedle Street at Brown Avenue.
- Winderweedle Street at Broome Avenue.
Sommers' viewing will be held at Daniels Funeral Home on Aug. 12 from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. and his funeral service will be on Aug. 13 at Christ Central Ministries beginning at 10:00 a.m.