Leon County is offering an extra incentive to those who get prepared for hurricane season during National Hurricane Preparedness Week.
To encourage residents to prepare during National Hurricane Preparedness Week, Leon County is offering a free five gallon bucket if you buy supplies from select local hardware stores this weekend.
If you purchase at least $25 worth of hurricane supplies from local hardware stores from Friday, May 10 through Sunday, May 12, the county will provide you with a free five-gallon bucket and lid.
"Experts encourage keeping disaster supplies in a five-gallon bucket to avoid water damage and provide a durable place for storage," county officials wrote in a press release.
You can visit participating locations to buy items on the disaster bucket checklist such as batteries, first aid kits, flashlights and more. To view a full list of items, click here .
- Apalachee Ace Hardware, 3626 Apalachee Pkwy
- Bannerman Ace Hardware, 3321 Beech Ridge Trail
- Esposito Ace Hardware, 2743 Capital Cir NE
- Killearn Ace Hardware, 4831 Kerry Forest Pkwy
- N. Monroe Ace Hardware, 3802 N. Monroe St.
- Woodville Ace Hardware, 9382 Woodville Hwy
- NE Home Depot, 3200 Capital Cir NE
Hurricane season begins June 1.