VALDOSTA, Ga.(WTXL) — The Georgia Bureau of Investigation, along with federal and local law enforcement, executed 20 search warrants to businesses in Valdosta and Thomas County for violations of gambling laws and EBT fraud.
The GBI says search warrants were executed at 13 business locations, six residences, and one safe deposit box.
The business locations were:
- Apna Desh Grocery, 109 E. Hill Ave., Suite 107, Valdosta, GA
- The Quick Stop & Food Wholesale, 727 S. Patterson Street Suite B, Valdosta, GA
- Goodtime Grocery, 2028 Marion Street, Valdosta, GA
- Prise Wise Food Mart, 2525 N. Ashley Street Suite I, Valdosta, GA
- Neighborhood Grill & Accessories, 1420 E. Park Ave, Valdosta, GA
- Sharpe Food Mart, 503 E. Ann Street, Valdosta, GA
- Patterson Convenience Store, 404 Northside Drive Suite G, Valdosta, GA
- Rasco Enterprise LLC, 1902 N. Ashley Street, Valdosta, GA
- Magic Mart, 2705 Bemis Road, Valdosta GA
- 1407 W Hill Ave Suite A, Valdosta, GA
- Citgo, 19926 Hwy 84 E. Boston, GA
- Murphy’s Grocery, 118 E. Jefferson Street, Boston, GA
- 408 E. Park Avenue, Valdosta, GA (Unlicensed)
During the investigation, authorities discovered businesses operating Coin Operated Amusement Machines where customers were receiving cash payouts for winning credits.
In Georgia, COAMS must be properly licensed by the Georgia Lottery and credits may only be redeemed for lottery tickets and/or store merchandise.
In addition, some of the locations were participating in fraudulent activity pertaining to EBT
The Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, Thomas County Sheriff’s Office, Valdosta Police Department, federal partners FBI, IRS, USDA, and in cooperation with the Georgia Lottery Corporation, assisted in the investigation.