The State of Florida is now releasing the names of the long-term care facilities that have patients or staff members with COVID-19.
This comes after Governor Ron DeSantis held a press conference Saturday evening with "major announcements." He said he wanted to get as much information out as they can.
“It is necessary for public health to release the names of facilities where residents or staff members had tested positive for COVID-19,” Gov. DeSantis said, during the news conference.
Number of facilities with COVID-19 cases in the Big Bend:
- Gadsden County- Magnolia House
- Leon County- Tallahassee Developmental Center
- Jefferson County- Cross Landing Health and Rehabilitation
- Madison County- Lake Park of Madison Nursing And Rehabilitation Center
- Suwannee County- Suwannee Health and Rehabilitation Center
To view the Florida Department of Health's list of which long term care facilities have COVID-19 cases, click here.
You can watch the press conference with Governor Ron DeSantis' announcement on Saturday below: