News

Actions

Firefighters: Stove storage caused fire in Tallahassee Friday morning

Stove storage caused fire in Tallahassee Thursday night.png
Posted at 12:30 PM, Sep 28, 2018
and last updated 2018-09-28 09:48:00-04

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - The Tallahassee Fire Department is reminding the community not to store items on your stove after a house fire early Friday morning. 

Friday morning around 6:17 a.m., the CDA received a call that a vacant house, located on Jet Pilot Trail, was on fire.

Units arrived to heavy smoke coming from the home. In less than 20 minutes, crews had the fire knocked down.

City of Tallahassee Utilities, Leon County EMS, City of Tallahassee Police Department, and Leon County Sheriff’s Office were also on scene to assist.

The cause of this fire was storage on the stove. The department is reminding the community to never store items on your stove.