VALDOSTA, Ga. (WTXL) - A kitchen fire at a restaurant causes $15,000 in damages. It happened just before 12noon on August 17, 2015 at the Beijing Cafe, 1715 Norman Drive Suite C.
Fire crews say they arrived five minutes after the call came in at 11:39am, to find smoke and heavy fire in the kitchen area. They say some of the fire was knocked down by the activation of the sprinkler system.
According to the Valdosta Fire Department, the 18 firefighters who arrived were able to contain the fire to the kitchen in just 12 minutes.
No injuries were reported.
Firefighters believe the fire was an accident and was caused by cooking.