WTXL ABC 27 seeks an experienced IT/Engineer to provide technical support for all broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to, master control on air equipment, such as automation systems and on-air servers, all IT systems equipment, as well as transmitter equipment, at our Tallahassee, Florida studio and remote facilities. Experience in IT, computer/network support, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communication skills are a must. Experience in broadcast television engineering, training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain broadcast technology, facilities, and equipment for the station
• Implement new IT and engineering projects as directed by project management
• Be on call 24/7 to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
• Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
• Evaluate, install, maintain all IT and A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, etc.
• Maintain the IT network, switches, work stations, servers, laptops and printers
• Maintain news gathering field gear, to include cameras, editors, microwave/satellite live trucks
• Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance at studio and remote locations
• Assist with system integration and modification of Broadcast/IT systems, specifically with reference to cabling and system documentation, to WTXL standards
• Communicate with members of the Technology team and other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues
• Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
• Understanding of all IT/IP workflows and signal flows
• Understanding of all HD/SD workflows and signal flows
• Enthusiastic about troubleshooting, learning new technologies, and figuring out how things work
• Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows server versions needed
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking
• Team Player
• Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for swift corrective action
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills required
• Must be able to prioritize and be a pro-active thinker
• Willing to work flexible hours (we support a 365, 24/7 business).
• Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• TV Broadcast background required
• Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television/IT equipment. Ability to repair and install IT/IP systems, as well as SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
• Technical degree in Information Technology, Broadcasting, Electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The IT/Engineer must be able to stand, sit and kneel for long periods, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions using common sense without supervision, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the IT/Engineer must be able to lift, set up, and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls and differentiate between colors. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, requiring average or above vision.
Qualified applicants only, apply online:
https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/9288/it-engineer/job and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V