Community

Actions

Resident Injuried in Woodville Fire

Fire generic
Posted at 1:18 PM, May 26, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-26 09:36:50-04

WOODVILLE, Fla. (WTXL) -- A Woodville resident is airlifted to the hospital after falling while trying to escape a house fire.

Tallahassee Fire Department responded to heavy fire at 8:47 p.m. on Thursday, May 25 on the 8815 block of Old Woodville Road.

The victim was found screaming for help and taken from the burning house.

Two dogs were rescued as well. One firefighter was treated for minor burns and is resting at home today.

Tallahassee Fire Department says the cause of the fire was unattended food on the stove and estimates $100,000 dollars in damage.