TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) -- A mentoring program is calling on the community to help its mission of supporting teens.
It's called Girls 2 D.I.V.A.S., or Driven, Initiative, Virtuous, Astounding and Successful.
Founders say, "Our mission is to help the next generation of leaders, ages 11 to 18 years, discover their purpose in life and reinvent their self-esteem and self-worth."
The program follows this guide:
1. Finding your inner diva through self-exploration
2. When you know better you do better by way of education
3. I'll give myself away through community service
4. Expression of d.i.v.a.s through dance, theater, poetry, song and stepping
5. Divas stand up! knowing your rights as a citizen
6. International and globalization awareness
7. Moving from me to we by building a sisterhood
Girls 2 D.I.V.A.S. is hosting an informational meeting. It's Thursday, November 12 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. at the Walker Ford Community Center (2301 Pasco Street).
There's no cost to take part, and all middle and high school girls are invited.
For more information or how you can get involved, call (305) 304-7701 or click here.