TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — The city of Tallahassee announced Wednesday temporary road closures for the 48th annual Tallahassee Marathon, half marathon and relay that will be held Sunday beginning at 7:30 a.m.
For the entire marathon, Woodward Avenue from Gaines Street to St. Augustine Street along with Madison Street from Woodward Avenue to Railroad Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Temporary road closures from 6:30-9 a.m. Sunday:
- Monroe Street from Apalachee Parkway to Tennessee Street
- East Pensacola Street-Calhoun Street to Adams Street
- Jefferson Street-Calhoun Street to Adams Street
- College Avenue-Calhoun Street to Adams Street
- Park Avenue-Calhoun Street to Adams Street
- No traffic north on Thomasville Road from Monroe Street (7-9 a.m.)
- No traffic south on Calhoun Street from Thomasville Road to Tennessee Street. (7-9 a.m.)
Temporary road closures from 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday:
- Robert & Trudie Perkins Way – Robert & Trudie Perkins Way (FAMU Way to Disston Street)
- FAMU Way (westbound) from Adams Street to Lake Bradford Street
- FAMU Way (eastbound) from Lake Bradford Road to Robert & Trudie Perkins Way
- Ridge Road will be closed from Springsax Road to Sunnyside Drive
Competition begins at 7:30 a.m. For marathon route information, visit the city of Tallahassee's website here.