A stationary front situated just to the north of our area will keep rain chances around 30% this afternoon, mainly for the eastern parts of the forecast area. Any showers that do pop up should be brief and isolated in nature. Most of the area will see highs around or just below 90. The frontal boundary will shift to our south tomorrow, allowing us to come under the influence of a high pressure system centered over the northeast. Conditions will dry slightly, lowering humidity and keeping high temperatures to the high 80’s. Rain chances bump up to 40% on Saturday afternoon with another frontal boundary coming through, and excessive gulf moisture feeding into the area on Sunday will mean some heavy rain is possible. Rain chances on Sunday will be around 60%. A somewhat drier pattern starts next week, and temperatures will be near average with highs in the upper 80’s and lows in the high 60’s.
Posted at 7:33 AM, Sep 18, 2013
and last updated 2013-09-18 03:42:34-04
Copyright 2021 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.