Another wet day is on tap for North Florida and South Georgia. Winds will be from the west southwest and will push moisture from the Gulf of Mexico onshore. Unsettled air associated with a cold front over Kentucky will help push a line of storms out from the frontal system, expected to affect South Georgia in the early evening hours. The entire region will have a 60% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms. A few isolated storms may become severe during the afternoon hours. Rain chances will be in the 40% to 60% range for the rest of the week, with the highest chance for rain in the afternoon and early evening. Cloud cover and rainfall will keep afternoon temperatures in the lower 90s for the next seven days. Don't forget the umbrella before you head out the door!
Posted at 7:35 AM, Jul 23, 2013
and last updated 2013-07-23 07:35:00-04
Copyright 2021 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.