First Alert Weather

Actions

Storm Team Friday morning forecast (10/07/2016)

First Alert Logo
Posted at 7:57 AM, Oct 07, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-07 07:57:00-04

MIDWAY, FL (WTXL) -- A partly to mostly cloudy day is to be expected for the area as Hurricane Matthew continues to move up the coast of Florida. Winds will be a little breezy, north 15-20 mph with occasional gusts. Today's highs are expected to stay seasonal, about 85 degrees. There is a 30% chance of a passing shower through most of the region. Closer to I-75 and further east, that rain chance is closer to 70% with stronger winds from Matthew.

Tonight will have lows in the lower 70s much like we felt last night. Winds stay breezy under mostly cloudy skies. Rain and possible thunderstorms are likely further east as Hurricane Matthew pushes past Jacksonville and continues northward.

As the hurricane moves away from us, our skies will clear out for a mostly sunny Saturday. Winds will also begin to weaken some during the day to about 10 to 15 mph. Highs will be rather warm, close to 90 degrees. 

A cold front is expected to move through through our area late Saturday night into Sunday morning. This will drop our highs to the lower 80s for our next work week with the possibility of seeing pop-up showers.

--Storm Team Meteorologist Jennifer Meyers