First Alert Weather

Actions

Saturday night Tropics Check (08/22/2015)

NHC Hurricane Danny
Posted at 12:32 AM, Aug 23, 2015
and last updated 2015-08-23 00:32:00-04

MIDWAY, Fla. (WTXL) --  The Tropics have seen the quick growth of Danny, and now a quick decline as the tropical storm continues to push east into harsh conditions. The 11PM advisory from the National Hurricane Center has the storm a little over a day away from the Lesser Antilles. Winds are clocked in at around 60 mph and the storm will likely continue to weaken as it encounters dry air, strong upper level winds, and soon, land to cut its circulation with the warm waters of the Atlantic.

Elsewhere there are THREE disturbances being monitored for future tropical cyclone development. One, just northwest of Bermuda, with a 10% chance to develop within the next 5 days. It will continue to push to the north. Also there are TWO new tropical waves out east. One to the southwest of the Cape Verde islands has a 60% chance of developing into a tropical cyclone. The other is still over the African continent, but it has been given a 40% chance of development within the next 5 days.

Hurricane Season is ramping up. Stay tuned to the Storm Team for updates each day online, on air, and on our Weather NOW channel 27.3