DETROIT (WXYZ/CNN) - A Michigan woman is demanding answers after she found a worm in the fish she bought at Whole Foods.
"I just thought it was really disgusting, I was like oh my goodness," said Felicia Strickland, who found the worm.
Strickland bought a piece of cod fish from the store, and said that "Somebody was slacking on their job because they didn't catch that."
A Whole Foods spokesperson said that Strickland wasn't entirely wrong.
The company employs a process called "candling," where an inspector examines fish filets over lights. The method is supposed to detect surface parasites.
Sometimes, the worms can be buried so deep that parasites can't be discovered.
A statement issued by Whole Foods reads in part: "What the video shows is most likely a nematode. Nematodes are naturally occurring parasitic roundworms that affect small percentages of fish. they are not harmful when the fish is cooked property to an internal temperature of 140 degrees."
But Strickland said she will likely be giving the store a second chance.
Whole Foods said it will refund Strickland's money.
Copyright 2017 WXYZ via CNN. All rights reserved.