News

Actions

Raw: Bug bomb starts big garage blaze

Posted at 8:57 AM, Jul 05, 2017
and last updated 2017-07-05 08:57:01-04

GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, MI (WJRT/CNN) - Fire officials say a garage caught fire when the homeowner used a smoke bomb to get rid of wasps on Monday.

A neighbor noticed the fire and called the fire department.

By the time they got there, the garage was engulfed in flames and spewing smoke that could be seen for miles.

The homeowner's fireworks also detonated in the blaze.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Since it was the home's secondary garage that caught fire, the house only sustained very minor melting damage.

Fire officials note that all electric appliances should be unplugged when using bug bombs. 

Copyright 2017 WJRT via CNN. All rights reserved.