(CNN) - Seafood lovers may want to avoid raw oysters from British Columbia, Canada.
California Department of Health said roughly 100 people got sick after eating the oysters, which were sold by retailers and restaurants. It's possible other states received them as well.
Nearly 200 cases of gastrointestinal issues linked to consumption of raw oysters were reported in Canada.
Lab testing has confirmed some of those who fell ill had norovirus infection. Symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps.
Health officials said people who eat shellfish should cook them until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees.
Copyright 2018 CNN. All rights reserved.