GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The No. 4 University of Florida volleyball team swept in-state foe No. 17 Florida State, 3-0 (25-20, 26-24, 25-23), in a thrilling match on Tuesday night at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center. The Gators were bolstered by double-digit kill outputs by senior middle blocker Chloe Mann and sophomore outside hitter Živa Recek, who both had 12 kills.
Florida State jumped ahead by four early in the first two sets but impressive serving by Taylor Unroe got the Gators even with the Seminoles as she aided Florida in going on a 4-0 run in each stanza.
* Sophomore middle blocker Simone Antwi tallied a career-high seven stuffs against the Seminoles, adding five kills and a service ace en route to Florida's victory.
* Freshman Alex Holston notched six errorless kills on a .462 offensive clip, stuffing four blocks Tuesday, the second-most of the season for the Gator rookie.
* The Gators have out-blocked eight opponents on the season and have registered double-figure block-assist performances in seven matches in 2013.
* Florida served up five aces against the Seminoles, tying for the second-highest in a three-set match this season.
* Junior defensive specialist Holly Pole used a diving save to record her first kill of the season, just the second of her career.
ALL-TIME: Under Gator head coach Mary Wise, Florida has gone a remarkable 29-3 against FSU, including an undefeated 17-0 at home. The Gators recorded their 21st sweep of Florida State in program history and moved to 36-17 all-time against the Seminoles.
RECORDS: Florida: 9-1, Florida State: 6-4