TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) – Shakayla Thomas scored a season-high 23 points and fifth-ranked Florida State cruised to a 102-60 victory over Wake Forest on Thursday night.
The Seminoles reached the century mark for only the fourth time in Atlantic Coast Conference game. The last time was Jan. 25, 2015, also against Wake Forest.
Thomas, who has five 20-point games this season, scored seven of the Seminoles' first 11 points and had 11 in the first quarter. They were up 22-9 after the first 10 minutes.
FSU (23-2, 11-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) was up by as many as 44 midway late in the fourth quarter as it extended its winning streak to 10.
Chatrice White added 14 points and Ivey Slaughter 13 for the Seminoles.
Elisa Penna led the Demon Deacons (14-10, 5-6) with 18 points, and Alex Sharp added 11.
GAME NOTES BY FSU SPORTS INFORMATION:
· Florida State’s 102 points scored is a season high and is the 28th time in program history it has reached triple digits. FSU last scored 100+ points in a 101-59 win over Murray State on Dec. 19, 2015.
· The Seminoles’ three other ACC games in which they have scored 100 points include: 112-101 overtime loss to UNC on Dec. 5, 1998; a 102-93 win at Boston College on Nov. 27, 2011; and a 110-80 win over Wake Forest on Jan. 25, 2015.
· For the 15th time in program history, FSU had six players score in double figures: Thomas (23), Chatrice White (14), Ivey Slaughter (13), Brittany Brown (12), Imani Wright (12) and Ama Degbeon (11).
· FSU set season highs tonight in points scored and points in the paint (66).
· In the fourth period, the Seminoles shot 75 percent (12-of-16) in what was their second 30-point period of the game. Overall, FSU shot 56.5 percent (39-of-69).
· Thomas recorded her 13th career 20-point game and fifth of the season. Her 10 made field goals marks the third time this season she has recorded double-digit field goals made and the seventh time in her career.
· Brown recorded her seventh career double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds, and also added seven assists. She flirted with a triple-double for the second straight year vs. Wake, posting 22 points, nine rebounds and 11 assists last season.
· For the 12th time this season, redshirt junior guard Imani Wright made three 3-point field goals.
· Freshman A’Tyanna Gaulden’s layup with 1:48 left in the game put FSU over the century mark for the first time this season, making the score 101-58.
· Junior center Chatrice White went 6-of-6 from the floor for 14 points in 16 minutes.
· Wake Forest’s Milan Quinn, who averaged a league-leading 10.3 rebounds, had just four boards tonight.
· Thursday was FSU’s seventh ‘Samaritan’s Feet’ game it has hosted.
· FSU shot 21-of-25 from the free throw line, the sixth time this season and second straight game it has made 20 or more from the charity stripe.
· Florida State ended the game on a 22-2 run over the final 6:17.
· FSU’s 16 fast-break points was its most recorded in ACC play this year.
· Thursday’s win extends FSU’s win streak to 10 games.