TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Shakayla Thomas had 15 of her 20 points in the first half and No. 12 Florida State rolled to a 90-47 win over Jacksonville on Thursday night.
The Seminoles (2-1) led 12-2 midway through the first quarter and hit their last eight shots to make it 29-13. Ivey Slaughter made it nine straight to start the second quarter, and Florida State led 46-22 at the half.
Florida State, which lost 78-76 to UConn on Monday, made 8 of 11 shots in the third quarter to push the lead to 74-38.
The Seminoles also got 10 points apiece from Imani Wright and Chatrice White. They ended up at 58 percent (32 of 55), making 7 of 10 behind the arc, which was better than the 19 of 34 from the foul line (56 percent).
Sherranda Reddick had 17 points for the Dolphins (2-1).
Since the 2012-13 season, FSU is 23-3 against teams from Florida.
POST-GAME NOTES BY FSU SPORTS INFORMATION:
• Junior forward Shakayla Thomas’ 20 points was the ninth 20+ point outing of her career. The previous eight all came as a sophomore.
• Thomas’ 20 points came in 20 minutes of action, and marked her 54th career double-figure scoring game.
• FSU shot 58.2 percent from the floor (32-of-55). Last year against Jacksonville it shot 55.8 percent (29-of-52).
• Three key categories where the Seminoles blew the game open were in points in the paint (40-12), fast-break points (14-4) and bench points (39-9). It was FSU’s most bench points since scoring 41 at Wake Forest on Jan. 28, 2016.
• In the second (2-of-13) and fourth periods (2-of-12), the Seminoles combined to hold Jacksonville to 4-of-25 shooting (16 percent).
• In the first (29 points) and third (28 points) periods, the Seminoles combined for 57 points.
• In senior point guard Leticia Romero’s first game back from injury, she recorded nine points, six assists and one steal in 18 minutes off the bench.
• Jacksonville senior forward Kimberly Dawkins entered tonight’s contest second nationally with 15 rebounds per game. She totaled just four along with four points and four personal fouls.
• FSU is now 1-1 vs. reigning NCAA Tournament teams from last season after defeating the Atlantic Sun champion Dolphins.
• FSU is 6-0 vs. Jacksonville and has defeated them in four consecutive years. The 43-point margin of victory is FSU’s second-most in the series, trailing its 46-point win (97-51) in the first meeting on Dec. 7, 2001.
• The Seminoles’ 70 percent shooting (7-of-10) from beyond the arc ties for their seventh-highest single-game 3-point field goal percentage in program history.
• Sophomore forward Maria Conde’s four assists tie her career high.
• Redshirt junior forward Imani Wright’s 10 points give her double figures in all three of her games as a Seminole.
• Freshman guard Nausia Woolfolk (four points) and Conde (six points) each recorded their first points of the season on Thursday.
• Junior center Chatrice White amassed her first double-figure scoring performance with the Seminoles, totaling 10 points in 16 minutes.
• Since the 2012-13, the Seminoles are 47-7 in non-conference regular season games.