TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — The Florida A&M University (FAMU) Department of Athletics issued an heat advisory ahead of the university's Homecoming game on Saturday.
The university says they're anticipating high temperatures during Saturday's Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) game against North Carolina Central at Bragg Memorial Stadium. Tallahassee is expecting Saturday highs to be in the mid to high 90s.
As a precaution, FAMU Athletics and Athletic Training departments would like to encourage the following for fans attending the game:
- Wear light/loose clothing and a hat.
- Shade tents will be set up inside the stadium for fans to cool off.
- Bottles of water are available for purchase at the concessions stand.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption, stay hydrated, head to shaded areas around the concourse from time to time, and if you begin to feel signs of heat exhaustion or heat streak, seek medical attention immediately.
- Monitor susceptible fans (young, elderly or sick)
- If you or a loved one begins experiencing symptoms of heat exhaustion, contact the nearest campus safety officer, usher or EMS personnel.
- An EMS tent will also be set up near the concessions stand to treat symptoms if needed.