TALLAHASSEE, Fl. (WTXL) — Rattlers will celebrate Florida A&M University Homecoming this weekend with a series of virtual and in-person events designed to recharge the FAMUly spirit after months of battling the global pandemic.
“We just want to remind people of everything that is good and energetic and meaningful about the FAMU experience. That’s why it was essential that we do this,” said Carmen Cummings, the assistant vice president of University Engagement/Alumni Affairs and chair of the Homecoming Committee. “The experience is still worth sharing and preserving. There’s nothing like it.”
The virtual celebration begins Friday, Oct. 23 at 6 p.m.
BOLD of Verizon Presents HBCU State of the Yard. 6 p.m. View on HuffPost Black Voices Facebook page. Click here.
FAMU College of Law Professor Jennifer Smith is on the panel.
Saturday, October 24
- Stroll to the Polls 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Meet at the FAMU Welcome Center.
- Charlie Brown & Arthur Thompson Scholarship BBQ Fundraiser, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Hearth & Soul, 1410 Market St D1, Tallahassee, $15 per plate. Donations go toward student scholarships.
- HBCU Virtual Tailgate, Powered by Chevrolet 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Watch on the FAMU Athletics Facebook page by clicking here.
Within the broadcast, there will be interviews with Athletic Director Kortne Gosha, Head Football Coach Willie Simmons, and Miss FAMU Erika Johnson.
- FAMU vs NCCU 2019 Homecoming game 2 p.m. Watch on FAMU TV-20 or FAMU TV-20 Facebook page by clicking here.
- “She Got Now,” Essence and Pepsi event honors FAMU alumna Natalie White and student Jade Fryer at 7:30 p.m. To register click here.
- YouTube's “Meet Me on the Yard” Virtual Homecoming featuring the Marching “100” and FAMU Concert Choir performing with Tye Tribbett at 8 p.m. Watch on YouTube or BET.