TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - A voluntary evacuation order has been issued for mobile homes and low lying flood prone areas in Leon County.
Leon County emergency management officials are asking those who need to seek shelter immediately.
Shelters opened at noon on Tuesday:
Chiles High School - Pet friendly
- 7200 Lawton Chiles Lane Tallahassee, FL 32312
Godby High School - Pet friendly
- 1717 W Tharpe Street Tallahassee, FL 32304
Lincoln High School - Pet friendly
- 3838 Trojan Trail Tallahassee, FL 32311
Sail High School - Pet friendly
- 2006 Jackson Bluff Road Tallahassee, FL 32304
Fort Braden Elementary School - Pet friendly
- 15100 Blountstown Highway Tallahassee, FL 3231
County officials gave an update on the storm at 2 p.m. Tuesday:
Flash flood watch for Leon County until October 11
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - Leon County officials have announced a flash flood watch for Leon County until Oct. 11 at 8 a.m.
The watch was posted Tuesday morning.