News

Actions

Valdosta Apartment Fire Caused $1,500 in Damage

Fire
Posted at 4:07 PM, Apr 22, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-22 12:18:38-04

VALDOSTA Ga.-- A Fire at Heron Lake Apartments Friday morning caused an estimated $1,500 worth of damage.

Valdosta Fire Department responders intentionally believed that there were people trapped inside of the structure at 1800 Eastwind Road, however when they arrived they found no one trapped.

Officials determined the cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

The fire was put out by an onsite suppression system and one person was treated on the scene by EMS and later released. No other injuries were reported.