News

Actions

Unattended candle causes $45K in damages to Tallahassee home

Tallahassee home catches fire after lit candle left unattended
Tallahassee home catches fire after lit candle left unattended 2
Tallahassee home catches fire after lit candle left unattended
Posted at 1:27 PM, May 11, 2018
and last updated 2018-05-11 10:47:50-04

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL)A Tallahassee family is without a home after an unattended candle set their house on fire last night.

Around 9:21 p.m. on Thursday, the Tallahassee Fire Department received a call about a house fire on Abbiegail Drive. 

When fire crews arrived on scene they were able to put out the fire and determine that no one was inside the home. 

TFD says they were able to stop the fire from spreading to other rooms in the house. 

According to TFD, no injuries were reported on scene and damages are estimated to be at $45,000. 

TFD says the cause of the fire is believed to have started by a lit candle being left unattended.  

Red Cross was called on scene to help the displaced family.