TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - The Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Monday at 5:19 a.m.
Officials say the fire happened on the 1500 block of Kessel Drive.
When crews arrived on scene a fire was found in the basement area caused by the fireplace's embers falling through the masonry crack of the fire place.
TFD extinguished the fire and no one was injured during the incident.
The estimated damages from the fire are approximately $10,000.
The Tallahassee Police Department, City of Tallahassee Utilities and Leon County EMS were on scene to assist.