TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - The Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a structure fire on the 4600 block of Cypress Point Rd. at approximately 2:20 p.m. on Thursday, July 27.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find heavy smoke coming from the roof and began battling the blaze.
Officials say the fire started in the kitchen due to cooking and it was extinguished quickly.
Three residents were at the home when the fire started, but were evacuated without injury. The American Red Cross provided aid to the residents.
The estimated damages are reported to be $30,000 dollars.
LCSO and LCEMS assisted on scene.