TFD Rescues Two From Kitchen Fire

House Fire
Posted at 4:25 PM, Jul 31, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-02 10:48:05-04

TALLAHASSEE, FL. (WTXL)-- Two people were rescued from a fire Sunday in the 1700 block of Hillsgate Court.

According to reports from Tallahassee Fire, around 1:40 pm they received reports and responded. While on their way to the residence they were alerted that two people remained inside the structure.

Reports state, that the fire started in the kitchen and was due to unattended cooking. Crews on scene could here the two people calling for help in the back of the home and quickly removed them from the structure, while others extinguished the fire.

The two occupants were treated for smoke inhalation and transported to a local hospital. TFD is saying there is an estimated 15, 000 dollars in damages.