News

Actions

TFD extinguishes fire possibly started by space heater

Tallahassee Fire Department working a fire
Posted at 8:36 AM, Jan 04, 2018
and last updated 2018-01-04 10:57:59-05

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - The Tallahassee Fire Department says a person was hospitalized with non-critical injuries after a fire at a town home Thursday morning.

The fire on Donavan Drive is believed to have been connected to a space heater, said Sarah Cooksey, a TFD spokesperson, and caused substantial damage to the structure. 

MOBILE USERS: Download our WTXL news app on your Apple and Android devices for the latest from South Georgia and North Florida. Also, download our WTXL First Alert Weather app for Apple and Android devices to get the latest local weather wherever you go. 

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for additional local news and hourly updates.