TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - The Tallahassee Fire Department extinguished a fire contained in one room of an apartment complex in the 2000 block of Midyette Road.
TFD crews received word of the fire at Glen Oaks about 9 p.m. Wednesday. When they arrived five minutes later, they saw smoke coming from an apartment.
Crews extinguished the fire, contained to the room of origin, and evacuated other units.
No one was in the apartment when the fire started, and no one was reported injured.
The cause of the fire was unattended cooking, fire officials said, and the fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage.
The American Red Cross is providing assistance for one person displaced by the fire.