Tallahassee woman accused of trying to stab boyfriend

Posted at 10:34 AM, Dec 26, 2017
and last updated 2017-12-26 06:26:04-05

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - A woman accused of trying to stab her boyfriend has been arrested. 

Myesha Smith was arrested on Christmas for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (without intent to kill) and simple domestic battery.

According to a probable cause document, the incident occurred in September. Leon County deputies were called to a home in the 9700 block of Heron Street about a domestic disturbance.

Notes indicated that Smith placed the call to 911, and said that her boyfriend refused to give her a ride, so she took his keys. After taking them, Smith told dispatch that her boyfriend pushed her to the ground and punched her. 

However, deputies heard a different story from witnesses once they arrived on scene.

Witnesses said that Smith was being verbally aggressive toward the victim because he wouldn't give her a ride home right away. After a while, Smith took the victim's keys and started the car, backing out of the driveway while the victim's door was wide open.

Documents say Smith tried to start the car several times before she took the keys from the victim and threw them into the woods. 

Both the victim and Smith ran toward the keys, witnesses saying that the victim pushed Smith out of the way and prevented her from getting his keys. The victim then went inside the house and Smith followed, punching and kicking the victim.

Witnesses say that's when Smith went into the kitchen, grabbed a steak knife and charged toward her boyfriend in an attempt to stab him. They say Smith got within two inches of stabbing the victim before the victim's father grabbed Smith, causing her to drop the knife. 

Smith then walked out of the house, according to court documents, and yelled she was going to call 911 to say the victim had hit her. 

When deputies tried to contact Smith, she didn't respond and was unable to be found. As a result, a warrant was issued for her arrest in October. 

Smith was taken into custody on Christmas Day.