TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) - Three men helped pull someone out of a house on fire Monday afternoon, according to the Tallahassee Fire Department. Firefighters responded to the scene on Blackjack Road a little after 1pm.
According to the fire department, the three men pulled the man out of his home seconds before crews arrived. The fire department says that the smoke alarm activated and most likely gave him warning to get to a window where he could get rescued.
Firefighters say that the fire likely started as a result of an outside air conditioning unit which filled the home with smoke.
The man was brought to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in stable condition, according to the fire department. They also said that no other injuries were reported and damages are still being confirmed.