Tallahassee Firefighters Rescue Dog from House Fire

Tallahassee Fire Department
Posted at 4:48 PM, Jul 24, 2015
and last updated 2015-07-24 12:50:36-04

TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) - Firefighters say they rescued a dog from a house fire in Tallahassee Friday afternoon.

The Tallahassee Fire Department says they responded to the 5000 Block of Saray Way at around 3:00 p.m.

Firefighters say the occupants discovered the fire when they came home and called 911. The Capital Area Red Cross is assisting the four residents.

The fire started in the kitchen and firefighters say it appears to be electrical and damages are estimated to be at $60,000.

While one dog was rescued from the blaze, a second dog did die in the fire.