TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) -- Firefighters were able to rescue five animals from a burning home on Nancy Drive Tuesday afternoon.
A woman was asleep in her home when her smoke detector went off. She was able to escape but her pets were still inside the house.
Fire crews were dispatched to the house just after 2:30 pm. Heavy smoke was seen coming from the house. Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire and rescue three dogs and two cats.The fire was caused by an exhaust fan in a bathroom and caused approximately $25,000 in damages, said the fire department.