SUWANNEE Co., FL (WTXL) - A homeowner was able to prevent a fire from spreading in his Suwannee County house on Tuesday.
According to the Suwannee County Fire Department, by the time firefighters arrived at the home in O'Brien, the homeowner was already putting the fire out.
Firefighters say the blaze started in the central heating/air unit and caught heating ducts and the side of the home on fire.
The homeowner used a water hose and a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze. The department says the working smoke detectors in the home also helped save the family.