MADISON COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) - The Madison County Sheriff's Office reports on the drug related arrest of Akeem Ola Juwon Watson and Malisha Monet Wilson, both of Madison County.
Reports say these arrests were made following a search warrant conducted at their residence on Wednesday, September 27. The sheriff's office had received numerous complaints from citizens regarding suspected drug activity taking place at and near the residence.
As a result, the MCSO Drug Task Force launched an investigation. DTF investigators were able to develop probable cause to obtain a narcotics search warrant for the residence.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office S.E.R.T. Team executed the search warrant without incident and turned the residence over to DTF investigators.
During the search, investigators found a large amounts of illegal narcotics concealed in nearly every room within the residence including MDMA (Ecstasy), Xanax and Marijuana.
Investigators also located items commonly used in the sale of illegal narcotics, which include a digital scale and packaging materials.
Watson and Wilson face the following charges:
- Trafficking in MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Using a Dwelling to Traffic Controlled Substance – Juvenile Present
- Poss. with Intent to Sell Marijuana – 1000 feet of Public Park
- Poss. with Intent to Sell Xanax – 1000 feet of Public Park
- Poss. with Intent to Sell MDMA (Ecstasy) – 1000 feet of Public Park
- Poss. Marijuana over 20 grams
- Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communication Device
- Poss. Drug Paraphernalia
Both were taken into custody at the scene.