PETAL, MS (WDAM) - A Petal child is recovering in a Jackson hospital after being bit in the face by a snake.
Braxton was bit in the face by a water moccasin on July 26th, around 3 p.m. while swimming in a creek by his home.
“He was air lifted to the Children's hospital in Jackson, MS where he received 8 vials of anti venom injection and was placed into a medical induced coma,” said Samantha Waldrop via a Face Book post regarding his condition.
The following is from a FaceBook post from Samantha Waldrop:
"On July 27, The doctor gave him several more dosages of steroids before they stopped the medicine (for the induced coma) so that he could begin the process of waking up on his own. They pulled his tube out later that evening. He finally woke up some time on July 28.
Braxton has been doing awesome, until today, July 29, around the three o'clock time. He begin having difficulties breathing. The doctors ended up putting him back on life support. As of what I know right now, he will keep the tube unit Monday; they will be taken Braxton to the operating table to have a scope ran down to check everything out.
As I know more I will post but please just be in pray for him and his family. Thank you all!"
A gofundme page that was set up for Braxton, with the following information.
"Braxton was swimming in the Creek at the neighbor’s house, when he was crawling out the water, and a water moccasin launched at him and struck him in the face, his brother Trey saw the snake launch at his n snatched the snake off him and tossed it away. Braxton was immediately rushed to Forrest General Hospital, where he received 8 veils of antivenom, and was put on Life Support and they flew him to Jackson UMMC Pediatric Hospital where he is placed in ICU. The family is in need of food and bedding and personal material while Braxton is in the hospital, if anybody can donate anything we would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you from his family."
Copyright WDAM 2017. All rights reserved.