News

Actions

Residents Safe After Valdosta Kitchen Fire

Valdosta Fire Department
Posted at 4:00 PM, Aug 06, 2015
and last updated 2015-08-06 12:04:09-04

VALDOSTA, GA (WTXL) - Residents of a home on Chester Street in Valdosta are safe after a kitchen fire on Wednesday, according to firefighters.

The Valdosta Fire Department says they responded to reports of a structure fire in the 200 block of Chester Street shortly after 11 p.m. on Wednesday.

When crews arrived, they say there were heavy fire conditions but that the fire was quickly extinguished with "multi-attack lines".

The fire is said to have started in the kitchen and damage estimates are around $50,000.

Firefighters say the American Red Cross is assisting the three occupants with displacement.