QUINCY, Fla. (WTXL)--Quincy's interim police chief is personally offering scholarships to students in need.
Chief Glenn Sapp plans to give two $300 scholarships to two Gadsden County High School seniors.
Chief Sapp says he was raised by a single parents in a low income home, so he understands the extra support students need to reach their full potential.
Here is a list of the requirements:
* Be a full-time enrolled high school senior in the Gadsden School District
* Be accepted to a college or junior college by the scholarship award date
* Receive either free or reduced lunch
* Submit an essay of minimum 300 words on why they should receive the scholarship
* Submit one sample of community service
* Submit official high school academic transcripts
* Two letters of reference from teachers or guidance counselors
Applications may be picked up at the Quincy Police Department at 339 East Jefferson Street in Quincy beginning Tuesday, March 24, 2015. Applications will be available through Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Deadline to submit applications will be Thursday, April 30, 2015.
For more information questions may be directed to Interim Chief of Police Glenn Sapp at (850) 627-0134 or email@example.com.