News

Actions

Pet killed, owner hospitalized after house fire causes $75K in damages

Posted at 10:47 AM, Feb 15, 2018
and last updated 2018-02-15 10:47:00-05

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - The Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a two-story house fire early Thursday morning.

Crews were called to the 100 block of Cadiz Street at 1:51 a.m. on Thursday.

Units arrived in less than five minutes to find heavy fire coming from the back of the home. Crews began an aggressive interior fire attack and brought the fire under control within 30 minutes. 

They say there was one person who escaped the home before TFD arrived. That person was treated on scene by TFD before being transported to the hospital by Leon County EMS. 

A search of the home uncovered one deceased pet. 

Firefighters say the fire started on the stove and caused an estimated $75,000 in damages.