SUWANNEE COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) - The shelter at Suwannee County Coliseum is being closed and evacuated.
The Suwannee County Sheriff says the shelter was closed because because they were concerned about the structural integrity of the building with the increase in likelihood of Hurricane Force winds.
A bus was provided at the Coliseum starting at 1 p.m. to transport evacuees to Suwannee Primary School.
150 people are being transported from this shelter.
They say all other shelters are structurally able to withstand the Hurricane force winds so they do not anticipate any additional closures.
Should they reach capacity at any shelter, they have churches on standby should additional space be needed.
A full list of shelters for the area is below:
- Pet Friendly: Suwannee Primary School, 1625 Walker Ave SW, Live Oak, FL
- Special Needs: Suwannee Intermediate School, 1419 Walker Avenue, Live Oak
- General Population: Suwannee Elementary School, 1748 Ohio Ave S, Live Oak, FL
- General Population: Branford Elementary School, 26801 SR 247, Branford, FL
- General Population: Branford First Baptist Church - Family Life Center, 607 Suwannee Ave, Branford, FL
- General Population: Beachville Advent Christian Church, 24815 CR 49, Branford, FL