News

Actions

Moultrie man injured in house fire

Moultrie House fire
Posted at 10:45 AM, Apr 08, 2013
and last updated 2013-04-08 10:38:59-04

MOULTRIE, Ga. (WTXL)--A Moultrie man is badly burned in a house fire.

Firefighters say 32-year old Trevor Haynes received second and third degree burns after his home on 5th Avenue Northwest caught fire around 4:30 a.m. Saturday.

Lt. Justin Cox with the Moultrie Fire Department says an overloaded circuit in the kitchen is what caused the fire. Haynes was taken to Colquitt Regional Medical Center then flown to the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta.

Firefighters say his wife and daughter got out okay and weren't injured. Firefighters say the home had a smoke detector but the battery was turned upside down. They encourage people to check their smoke detectors on a regular basis to make sure they are properly working.